The PIKE House
Pi Kappa Alpha Recognizes Excellence in Real Estate
At the 2018 Convention in Richmond, Virginia, the Real Estate department announced its annual winners, recognizing those chapters with exemplary management and maintenance practices and who continue to make housing a priority in their operations. The following chapters received recognition in these eight categories:
- Oklahoma State (Gamma Chi ) - House of the Year
- Austin Peay State (Eta Tau) - Improvement Project of the Year
- Purdue (Beta Phi) - Best Overall Work Day
- Louisiana-Monroe (Eta Omicron) - Chuckwagon Award
- Michigan State (Iota Iota) - Best Exterior Project Award
- South Dakota (Kappa Pi) - Best Interior Project Award
- Trinity College (Epsilon Alpha) Alumni - Participation Award
- Mississippi (Gamma Iota) - Manpower Award Oklahoma State University (Gamma Chi) - Green Award
How to Get Involved with the Spring 2019 International Work Day
Chapters or House Corporations
Registration can be completed via the Fraternity’s website (www.pikes.org) and by calling or e-mailing the Real Estate Department at (901) 748-1868 ext. 1116 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All registered chapters will receive a free gift and a Work Day planning kit that explains how to host the event and take advantage of many incentives offered by the International Fraternity.
Alumni, Parents and Guests
In late February, watch for an invitation and check the International Fraternity’s website to see if and when your chapter or the chapter nearest you is participating.
Make Sure Your Chapter is Charging Damage Deposits and Completing Room Inspections
Improper care of a fraternity house can decrease the value of the real estate and negatively affect a chapter's image with its campus and local community. Room inspections and damage deposits help prevent damage. This management practice provides a method of determining the amount of reimbursement to collect from those who fail to properly care for chapter property. Click the link below to learn how to implement these programs at your chapter.
Room Inspections & Damage Deposits
Update your information
We encourage all house corporation officers to click on the link below and complete this basic form to update your contact information in the Memorial Headquarters membership database.