PIKE University Scholarships
PIKE U Scholarships
Each chapter or colony has a scholarship account to offset registration fees for PIKE U events (Leadership Summits, The Academy, Chapter Executive Conference, and Convention).
While completing the online registration, request scholarship funds be applied toward registration. Post event, a chapter/colony may request reimbursement from their respective PIKE U scholarship account up to the total registration costs for the event. Post-event requests must be completed within 60 days of the close of the event. Contact the Director of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reimbursements will be made by crediting the chapter or colony operating account.
How to Earn Scholarships & Build Your Chapter Endowment Fund
There are four ways to earn and build funds in your scholarship account to attend PIKE U events:
- Build your Chapter Endowment Fund
- Earn Recruiting Incentives
- Earn International Awards
- Attend Pike U Events
Additionally, a minimum of $250.00 is allocated to each chapter/colony on July 1 by the International Fraternity each year to help brothers attend PIKE U .
Chapter Endowment Fund
The PIKE Foundation maintains an endowment account for each chapter. After an account reaches $10,000 in donations, members of that chapter may receive an annual grant to their scholarship account, based on a percentage of the account’s balance to attend Pike U events. Note: An endowment is a fixed amount of money that earns interest and provides a distribution from the interest earned. The corpus will grow over time with contributions and positive market returns resulting in a larger distribution amount, but the distribution is a percentage of the corpus.
There are three ways to grow your chapter's endowment fund
- Ask all student members to join φφκα.
- Encourage alumni to make a designated, tax-deductible gift to the PIKE Foundation for your Chapter Endowment Fund.
- Encourage parents and grandparents to make a designated, tax-deductible gift to the PIKE Foundation for your Chapter Endowment Fund.
Chapters that meet the criteria for the annual recruitment incentives may earn additional PIKE U scholarship funds. Please contact the Director of Membership Growth for more information.
Earn International Awards
Many of the international awards include merit-based PIKE U scholarship money. NOTE: Scholarship Amounts are subject to change.
- Smythe Award - $250
- Orians Excellence Award - $100
- Harvey T. Newell Award - $100
- Risk Awareness Award - $1,500
- Most Improved Risk Awareness Award - $1,500
- Outstanding Financial Operations Award - $500
- Financial Management Award - $250
- Collections Award - $250