International Convention Update
Pi Kappa Alpha 2020 International Convention Postponed:
Memphis, TN – On Tuesday, April 14, the Supreme Council of the Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity voted to postpone the 2020 International Convention after a lengthy discussion including input from legal counsel Tom Olsen (Illinois, Beta Eta '02) and historical context from International Historian F. Anderson Morse (William & Mary, Gamma ’76). This marks the first time since World War II a Convention has been postponed, an action which has only occurred during World Wars, The Great Depression, and in the early years of the Fraternity’s existence.
Decision for this postponement centered on three (3) factors:
1) The health & safety of Pi Kappa Alpha undergraduates, alumni, and guests
2) The financial hardship presently endured by many of our members and their families, chapters, and the Fraternity
3) General uncertainty surrounding the Pandemic, ability to travel, and anticipated guidance by respective health and governmental agencies at that time
Pi Kappa Alpha is immediately transitioning to carry out the following:
- A virtual International Awards Program to be held later this summer. Additional details will be provided soon. (Awards deadline has been pushed back to May 15, 2020)
- Its next Convention which will be held in conjunction with the 2021 Marvin & Nancy Dennis Chapter Executives Conference in Memphis, Tennessee, January 7-10, 2021. Assuming travel resumes, additional details and registration will be forthcoming.
- All members will be invited including International Officers and Alumni Association Delegates
- A new Supreme Council will be elected at that time
- A condensed legislative agenda will resume
- Ritual legislation will be postponed until the 2022 International Convention in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Applications for Undergraduate Vice President remain due on May 10, 2020.
- Refunds for 2020 Convention registration will be processed within the next 7-10 days. Anyone reserving hotel rooms should contact the host property to cancel.
Mark your calendars now for January 7-10, 2021, in Memphis, Tennessee, at the historic Peabody Hotel!
phi phi kappa alpha