Shield & Diamond
The Shield & Diamond is available in both print and online editions, with a full digital archive available at the myPIKE homepage.
Print issues are provided to Fraternity and Foundation volunteers, individuals with lifetime donations in excess of $500 and individuals who make an annual gift of at least $25 to the PIKE Foundation.
Shield & Diamond Deadlines and Submissions:
The Shield & Diamond wants to publish the good news about your events and activities. The deadline for each issue is noted below, but don't wait until then! Send us your news and photos year round, and we'll keep them for the next issue. Please include any updates on your officers, web site address, or other contact information.
- Spring - January 1 (December 5 for Chapter Notes)
- Summer - April 1
- Autumn - July 1
- Winter - October 1
Materials must be received at Memorial Headquarters by the above dates to be considered for publication. Items may be sent to:
Shield & Diamond
8347 West Range Cove
Memphis TN 38125
You may also email your materials or include them with your submission form. Please refer to the listings below for details on a variety of topics, and for appropriate email addresses.
Submit Information for the Shield & Diamond:
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION NEWS - Submit via email, regular mail or fax.
ALUMNI MAKING HEADLINES - Submit via email or regular mail.
CHAPTER ETERNAL - Submit via email or regular mail.
FOUNDATION - Query via email.
HOUSING - Query via email.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR - Submit via email.
BROTHER FEATURE - Query via email.
MANUSCRIPTS - Query via email or regular mail. Materials become the property of the Shield & Diamond. Submission of manuscripts to the Shield & Diamond is voluntary, and the magazine does not pay for published items. Publication is at the sole discretion of the Shield & Diamond staff. Items may be sent to the address listed above.
- Photos must have a large file format for printing purposes – The best way to know if your photo is suitable is to check the file size. 1MB or larger is preferred. If using a digital camera or phone, choose the largest file size. The bigger, the better.
- Send original digital images (rather than images that have been texted or uploaded to Facebook or Instagram, as the quality of the picture is often not ideal for print publications).
- Make sure photos have adequate lighting and are not filtered.
- We love photos that show action, emotion, and contain contextual content!
- Photos in which subjects are wearing bathing suits or questionable attire will not be used.
- Photos which include cans or bottles will not be used.
For more information, please email the Shield & Diamond staff, or call us at 901-748-1868.
VARSITY ATHLETES - Click here to report varsity athletes online for the Spring issue of Shield & Diamond. You may also submit via email or regular mail. Deadline for these submissions is mid-December.