We're Hiring - PIKE Marketing Coordinator
Posted on Aug 8, 2018
PIKE Marketing Team accepting applications for a Marketing Coordinator
Marketing Coordinator PositionThe Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity is hiring a Marketing Coordinator for a full-time, entry-level marketing position. The Marketing Coordinator will collaborate with the Chief Marketing Officer, Director of Creative Services/Editor and Communications Specialist to plan and execute innovative marketing tactics to meet organizational goals. The position is a full-time, non-exempt position located in Memphis, Tennessee.
The marketing coordinator will plan and execute regular email campaigns, including monthly newsletters and other targeted communications to undergraduates and alumni. The marketing coordinator will plan and execute social media campaigns and posts to support business objectives and update the organization’s web page and other communication channels as required. Provide photography and graphic support to enhance all communication channels as required. The marketing coordinator will update and execute the organization’s content/editorial calendar to ensure timely production of communications.
The Marketing Coordinator provides direct support to Operations, Recruitment & Expansion, Volunteer and Alumni Engagement, and Member Education. The work environment is professional with an emphasis on teamwork and professional development. You can find out more information about our organization at www.Pikes.org.
Position Title:Marketing Coordinator
Basic Qualifications include:
- Ability to develop, update, and execute planned communications using a content/editorial calendar
- Understanding of marketing concepts, including market segmentation and communication needs of various audiences
- Proficient with mass email systems such as MyEmma, Constant Contact, Salesforce, or MailChimp
- Proficient with Hootesuite and Google Analytics to place and assess communications
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to write well and apply brand standards to submitted content
- Ability to flourish in an open, team-based environment
- Familiarity with various social media channels to include audience, communication tactics, and analytics
- Ability to create and place content across digital platforms
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, or Adobe Photoshop; and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with website content management systems to update website
- Basic design principles
- Attention to detail
Additional Qualifications/Experience:Basic to advanced photography and/or video production skills a plus
Responsibilities will include:Maintain content/editorial calendar to support project completion and mange communication channels (15%)
Email & web (40%)
- Email campaign development, email layout development
- Responsible for gathering, editing, and formatting content for email newsletter
- Website updates and limited coding and/or design
- Data analysis of email campaigns, website analytics, and news monitoring service
- Managing and creating social media postings
- Monitoring and managing comments (for news monitoring & request for information)
- Strategy and tactics development, placement and evaluation
- Solicit and edit submissions from chapters and alumni for quarterly magazine. Provide inputs to editorial board for future issues. Feature writing for magazine as required.
- Ability to create graphics for all communication channels. Ability to provide creative direction for all channels.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made, unless an accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the organization. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation provided such reasonable accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the organization.