The Presidents of Pi Kappa Alpha
The 1889 Hampden-Sydney Convention abolished the mother chapter system and established the Grand Council form of governance.
Theron Hall Rice was selected as the first Councilor Princeps (chief executive office of the Fraternity). The name of the office was changed to Grand Princeps at the 1905 Chattanooga Convention. At the 1933 Troutdale Convention, all of the general officers of the Fraternity were given new designations and Grand Princeps was changed to National President.
Over the years, Pi Kappa Alpha has grown under visionary leadership provided by our Supreme Council. The elected head of the Supreme Council is now titled the "International President," who serves a two-year term under our current constitution.